Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jobs Jobs Jobs..

This place has no jobs. The well is dry. Its like trying to find alcohol in Salt Lake City out here. Its just not happening. After applying about 20 places, I've been laughed at twice ("... yes and you are looking for an English teaching job. Hahahaha, (calls over a German friend, explains what I'm asking for in German to him, they get a hearty chuckle at my unemployment status) No we have no jobs available, nor will anywhere else I imagine. You will have a hard time finding a job in Berlin teaching English." "Ok thanks asshole, tschuss!" But instead of saying that I said "Ok, well thank you for your time, sir" Every other place I've heard back from has been "sorry, no positions available" or just don't get back to me at all. I'm spending a fair chunk of time just saying "thanks for replying so promptly" to the bad news.

I found one job that I'd be perfect for. I got a 1/3 chance (cause they're only interviewing 3) so... pray for me on that one. Otherwise, I'll be eating twigs and leaves in the park. I'll hear back at the beginning of next week.

Unemployment kinda sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment